One run to remember

 It's been an interesting week. Training wise, all OK- I think!

The weather has been decent, we oculd use the garden with the new grass - divine!  Kids broke for half term, and here I am in Kidzania, all redundant whilst they do their play, and with a moment to myself.

But I wanted to talk about something else, something more substantial than that. Everyone that runs knows that it is a time for oneself, good endorphins, good superpowers after, headspace during it, fitness building, wellbeing all over. Everyoen that doesn't run knows that mental health is helped by exercise in general. But this past  week has been a week in which that point has been brought home yet one more time beautifully to me. Infact, I am a little teary about it, but in a good way. 

As things go, coincidence weaves in its long twirly tails and finds Tara and me in a week of - trying to be as cryptic but as concise as possible - in a particularly different mood than usual. One of those times when when stuff happening is, or seems to be, like sideway punches; when things are going well, or they may not be, or they will soon, and reflections and vigilance is high, and throwing the towel or using the towel to wipe the sweat makes sense and doesn't make sense at the same time. Or at the simplest,  many other things to do or needing to do than running, one ofthose weeks.

For myself, the plodding the pavements did not make things much better, although physically it definitely did. Training going per plan! So I was looking forward to the long slow plod with Tara this Sunday, on a new route, to the city and back. 

And we met, earlier than usual as loafs of s62<?! to be done after even on a Sunday. I got there first, all lycraed and geared up, Tara arrives after 2 minutes give or take, but we have a little chat and she decides to skip this one because of list-is-long-and-taking-it-easy-might-be-better and it's a drag to run with that type of energy. I totally got her decision,  though thrown off a bit (who likes last minute changes? And i felt meh myself, head full of little thoughts of maybe-then-just-a-shorter-one, maybe-skip-today-and-make-up-for-it-tomorrow, could-utilise-my-childfree-time-more-usefully-doing-this-that-that etc.

 Meh... I started the run on my own. 10 yards in, I accidentally yank by headphones cable from the phone, try to reinsert it  but have to stop, see a message notification, and instead of dealing with it after the run, I open it as oh well, a bit of procastination hurt no one.


She only turned back and did it!! I was so thrilled. For her decision, for the company, for the plan beying followed. What a 5367w395634 star!!!!! And it turned out to be a great run, to Tower of London and halfway back, then public transport with coffee and cookie to home. Blissedly-bliss!

So perhaps this post is prosaic, but not to me;  I wanted to log the moment, because the keep on keeping on moment was not only authentic, but also related to our awesome little tool, the running! 

There is a photo proof of us reaching the river, because one hour earlier that was unimaginable, I'll add it when the kids give in to my threats of cancelling life and stop fighting.




Comments